February 10, 2017
IMPORTANT DATES, NEWS and NOTES
The Lion King was absolutely amazing! Thanks to all students, staff and parents for making it a great success. DVDs arriving soon!!
- Valentine Reminder: It has always been a school rule that if you bring in valentine cards you must give one to everyone in your class, no exceptions.
- No School Monday, Feb. 20th, Presidents Day
- Please check Lost & Found clothes. Please label your child’s clothing so we can return them to you!
- Gala coming soon! Please invite your friends and neighbors to this fabulous, fun adult night out. It’s even more fun when we get folks from the “outside world” to see the fun we have in our community. There are so many people in Gainesville who would like to support arts in education, so please help us spread the word!
- Tuesday, Feb. 28th: 4th and 5th Grade ONLY FSA Writing Exam. As always, a great chance for our well prepared students to “show what you know.” Please be on time and ready.
- Remaining FSA testing for grades 3, 4 and 5 grade testing window is from April 17th through May 12th on various days for different classes (state decision). Look for notes from your classroom teachers.
- Make up for Storm Days: We will be having a regular school day (not a Teacher Work Day as listed in original calendar) on March 31st. Please mark your calendar. The other make up day will be a half day on Monday, June 5th.
- Please observe our parking lot rules for student safety. Please do not park along the fence line, especially at morning drop off. If you need to leave your car, please park in the Dragon lot.
- Class Play Dates: All plays are on Thursdays. We perform a morning show for the school and for parents who need to “tag team” so they don’t need to bring babies or toddlers. All night shows are at 6 PM, with “Call” time for actors at 5 PM.
May 4th: 1st grade
May 11th: Kindergarten and 3rd grades
May 18th: 2nd and 4th grades
May 25th: 5th grade