January 4, 2017
IMPORTANT DATES, NEWS and NOTES
- NO EARLY DISMISSAL DAY IN JANUARY!!!!!!!!!
- No School on Monday, January 16th for ML King Day
- No School on Tuesday, January 17th for Alachua County Public School’s Teacher Work Day
- PLEASE NOTE!! January is Lion King month! Rehearsal Run-throughs begin Wed. Jan. 11th, 12th and 13 (Then 2 days with no school) Run-throughs begin again Wed Jan 18th, 19th & 20th then Mon, Tues, Wed Jan 23, 24, and 25th. On Thursday, Jan. 26th we will have a school-wide afternoon dress rehearsal at Oak Hall school (in place of our usual Morning dress rehearsal) SEE DETAILS BELOW: All other rehearsals are in the morning. Attendance is mandatory for a successful production. so please reschedule any appointments. Even if your child “knows their part” it is very important that they be present for the cues, choreography and spacing issues for all our young actors. It is always confusing and harder for ALL our students when someone is missing.
- Dress REHEARSAL Day, Late afternoon, Thursday, Jan. 26th At Oak Hall School
As always, our Performing Arts school requires our parents & students to put forth extra effort to make our fabulous School wide play happen. Here are the details for Rehearsal Day.
- Kindergarten: Parents or pre-arranged carpools pick up K students at 2:20 at Expressions, get snacks, rest, etc. then bring students to Oak Hall at 4:30.
- Kindergarten parents must stay with their student until K parts are over (approx. 45 min).
- GRADE 5 ONLY! PARENT CARPOOLS PICK UP STUDENTS AT ELAA AT 2:30 PM
- Have snacks then arrive at Oak Hall at 4 for sound check.( No Earlier!) Parents leave and pick up student approx. 6:30.
- Grade 4: Parent or parent carpools pick up students at 3 PM at ELAA Get snacks, etc and arrive at Oak Hall no earlier than 4:30.
- Grades 1, 2 & 3: Will leave ELAA by bus at 3:45 with teachers to go to Oak Hall by 4:30.
- ALL STUDENTS SHOULD BRING AN AFTERNOON SNACK
- REHEARSAL SHOULD END BETWEEN 6:30 & 7pm, BUT TIMES ARE APPROXIMATE. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT. THE EXTRA EFFORT WILL BE WORTH IT!!!
- ADMISSION PRICE FOR ALL ATTENDING WILL BE $10 TO HELP US PAY FOR THE VENUE & ROYALTIES.
- Next Important Attendance Week: Feb. 6th through Feb. 10th. Please help us maintain full funding through your child’s attendance this week.
- SORRY, NO TRADING CARDS: No Pokémon or other expensive cards.
- To avoid any further incidents, trading cards can no longer be brought to school or after school care.