December 2, 2016
IMPORTANT DATES, NEWS and NOTES
Thanks for your support of our Book Fair. Proceeds will be used for a Smartboard for Ms. Michelle’s class. Thanks to Ms. Pam Lore and her team. Thanks also to Big Lou’s for another fabulous Grateful Gathering and to all helpers and attendees!
- Holiday Band Concert, Dec. 8 at CordaRoys, 7 PM
- Holiday Chorus and Drama Performance, ELAA Studio, Thurs., Dec. 15 at 5:30
- Also, Thursday morning, Dec. 15 School-wide trip to see Nutcracker at Phillips Center. We have Bus transportation and all staff attending, so no chaperones needed.
- Friday, Dec. 16 Early 12:30 dismissal day. NO AFTERCARE. All staff will be attending an event, so please pick up promptly.
- Expressions will resume class on Tues., Jan. 3. Please note that other public schools start Monday for hurricane make up, but not us. Our make up is at year’s end.
- NO EARLY DISMISSAL DAY IN JANUARY!!!!!!!!!
- January is Lion King month! Rehearsal Run-throughs begin Wed. Jan. 11, 12 and 13 (then 2 days with no school) Run throughs begin again Wed Jan 18, 19 and 20 then Mon, Tues, Wed Jan 23, 24, 25. On Thursday, Jan. 26 we will have a school-wide 3 pm afternoon dress rehearsal at Oak Hall school (in place of our usual Morning dress rehearsal) All other rehearsals are in the morning. Attendance is mandatory for a successful production. so please reschedule any appointments. Even if your child “knows their part” it is very important that they be present for the cues, choreography and spacing issues for all our young actors. It is always confusing and harder when someone is missing.
Friday, Jan. 27
Call times for Grade 5 only 5 PM
All other students arrive 5:30
Show time 6:30
Saturday, Jan. 28
Call time for Grade 5 only 1:30
All other students arrive 2 PM
Show time 3 PM
- Next Important Attendance Week: Feb. 6 through Feb. 10. Please help us maintain full funding through your child’s attendance this week.
- Box Tops for Education: We are still collecting in the box in the water fountain room.