August 26, 2016
We want to thank you all for a wonderful first 2 weeks of the 2016–2017 School year at Expressions!
We will be going paperless for our Newsletters starting in September, so keep a look out for a monthly New and Notes via email. We will send this week's Newsletter as an email as well, so please let us know if your email needs to be added to our list. You can expect to see PTO and Class news emails as well.
Now the News:
- Whoops! Don't go the wrong way! Please enter our parking lot through the first entrance (north) and exit through the second entrance (south). This will keep the traffic flow going in the same direction.
- If your child is tardy (5 minutes after their start time) Please walk in with your child to sign in and retrieve a tardy slip for them to be admitted to class.
- PARENTS, PLEASE HELP US WITH AFTER SCHOOL SAFETY. We need to determine which kids we are watching in after school care, so please leave promptly if your child is not signed up. Parents have different playground rules then we do here at school and having extra kids who are not in our program is confusing to all. We remind you that there are 3 parks located a few blocks from school for play dates.
- Back to School Open House for parents:
Kindergarten, 2nd & 3rd Parents 5:30 to 6:30 Wednesday, Sept 7th
1st, 4th & 5th grades, Thursday, 5:30 to 6:30 Sept. 8th
- Directory forms will be distributed TODAY. This directory is for school & parent use only and is a great communication tool. Please fill it out and return it on Monday.
- Field Trips: Please pay fees by check or money order.
- First Early Dismissal Day is Friday, Sept. 2nd at 12:30. There will be after school care on that day. PTO will have a Water Day.
- Birthday Celebrations: Some parents like to send in treats for class birthdays. We try to minimize sugar consumption at school, so please send small snacks such as mini muffins, mini cupcakes, one cookie each, or other single serve treats. Special dietary needs or preferences please bring in a labeled closed container of nonperishable snacks for your child for celebrations.
- Please remember that Backpacks are not allowed in school. Please use the Dragon Tote bags provided.
- CLUBS START NEXT WEEK!!