May 25, 2017
Note: This meeting also serves as SACS meeting.
Minutes: Approved Minutes from Previous Meeting Dated: 2/15/17
Moved Kaplan/Second Vermont 4/0
Financial Report/Budget: Presentation of Monthly Budget to Actual reports.
1. Revise and amend budget to reflect latest actual budget amounts
Moved Newman/Second Vermont Approved 4/0
2. Approval for 2016-17 Lottery distribution money to purchase Calico Spanish Program
Moved Kaplan/Second Vermont Approved 4/0
1. Approve a 12 month contract for Juniper DiGIovanni starting July 1, 2017
Moved Drake/Second Newman Approved 4/0
2. Discussed Principal formulating a Teacher Classroom Management and Monitoring Plan in response to disgruntled parental complaints this year, in order to document complaints or incidences are being addressed. (Peters, Zukas, Davis) Official form to be developed by Principal for documentation. Create policy to observe and report on teacher in question. Teacher will then meet with administration to discuss best practice and requirements concerning the accusation, whether or not the concern was valid. Parents will be given copy of written response form.
3. Notified Board of intent to engage Steve Kattell and CO. to perform 2016-2017 audit.
4. Discussion re 3rd grade FSA Reading scores. School will send notice to inform parents of students not passing by the end of the week in which scores are released. Other parents then know their student did pass, but we will wait until parent reports are available to notify remaining parents.
Board Member Changes: None
Policies and Procedures Changes: none
Committee Reports: none
Public Input Time
Next Annual Meeting will be held in June 14, 2017