Expressions Learning Arts Academy
Minutes for Board of Directors/SAC Meeting
Note: This meeting also serves as SACS meeting.
In attendance: Drake, Brunny,Newman, Cassie, Vaes, DiGiovanni, Watson, Kelly, Davis, Valantis, Pactrick.
Read/Approve Minutes From Previous Meeting Dated: 9/09/13
Financial Report/Budget: Presentation of Monthly Budget to Actual reports.
Presentation of Budget vs Actual budget to date.
- Budget Revision Request approval for Actual amounts to be reflected in budget amendment. Approved 5/0
- Discuss audit fixes:
Corrected and adjusted health benefits mistakes for Valantis and Davis, appropriate amount subtracted from this year’s allowance.
- Have engaged Sharon Brannon to prepare new required finance procedures (Dana Fields).
- Treasurer Art Newman stated the need to be sure to use Tax exemption on credit card purchases.
- Contracts to reflect actual salary allocation ($1,514 per full time teacher). Approved 5/0
- Reported that staff elected to designate set amounts for IRA contribution to be matched up to 3% of salary
- 9 staff members will attend Conference Review approval for one teacher work day to attend State Charter School Conference for continuing ed. Include one night stay in hotel, one meal and $25 gas stipend for teachers who drive.
- Added link on web site to include all new mandated information Finance & Board Meetings. Thanks to volunteer parent Gerry Cervenka
- Lottery; Board approval to hold 2 lotteries per year, One in December and one in the Spring. Approved 5/0
Board Member Changes: None
Policies and Procedures Changes: None
Gala Fundraising committee reported by C. Valantis:
Sponsorships have covered the cost of hosting the event.
Have obtained major donations of food and entertainment.
Public Input Time
Set next meeting time Feb. 28, 2014